Manufacturers and distributors of traffic management and street lighting products.
We pride ourselves on being a sustainable partner for Local Authority and Highway Agencies throughout the United Kingdom and beyond.
Since their introduction in the 1980’s solid road humps, in their various guises, have been the primary tool available to traffic engineers in their fight to reduce vehicle speeds around vulnerable areas.
Solid road humps do work, but they also raise considerable safety and cost issues such as potential injuries to vehicle occupants, adverse effect on busses, life threatening delays to emergency services as well as thousands of pounds worth of damage each year to vehicles passing over them.
We have developed a whole new concept in speed control, fully compliant, replacing both the traditional solid speed hump and many other traffic calming devices.
The road hump has evolved…
Introducing the TransCalm responsive speed control system. Designed for use on public roads, reducing vehicle speeds to 20mph and below, perfect for around schools and residential areas.
The TransCalm is a totally unique, patented, solution that alters its firmness based on the velocity of the vehicle passing over it. Compliant drivers and emergency vehicles travel softer, saving lives, reducing response times, and minimising potential vehicle damage.
Highly visible – Quick & easy to install – Transferable
- Helps to save lives and educate drivers
- Encourages controlled, consistent driving speeds
- Fast and efficient bolt down installation
- No external power required
- Significantly reduces the risk of vehicle damage
- Built-in override for emergency service vehicles
- Smoother ride for public transport
- Reduces noise and vehicle emissions
- Blended end pieces conducive for cyclists and drainage
The TransCalm is constructed from a high performance rubber compound containing a pneumatic cylinder, fitted with a patented valve that operates at a pre-set safe speed.
The valve is open for drivers under normal safe use, allowing the cylinder to deflate, reducing the firmness of the unit.
If the safe speed is exceeded, the valve closes, retaining air in the cylinder, creating a hump so that the vehicle occupants experience progressive discomfort in proportion to the speed of the vehicle passing over the unit.
Dimensions – 3358mm long x 900mm wide
Height – 70mm (uncompressed) / 45mm (compressed)
Weight approx – 130kgs
Markings – Riflettenti
Construction – Modulare – in gomma
If you have an area that requires night time delineation but is difficult to maintain, off the national grid or you are simply looking for a quick & cost effective installation with minimal disruption – then look no further!
A very economic option to hard wiring – this product is ideal for those wanting optimum performance, minimal maintenance and great value for money.
For areas with conservation sensitivities – the BatHat is now available. With a twist on the original SolarEye®80, this option reduces the upwards light spillage by 98% making it a far friendlier option for Bats and their nocturnal buddies.
- Renewable & maintenance free Green energy
- Low cost
- Low maintenance/operational costs
- No electrical supply required
- Simple and quick installation
- Fully sealed, waterproof unit
- CE and IP68 accredited
- Unique 360° visibility
- Skid resistant
- Light sensitive auto on/off for economical operation
- Material: High impact durable engineering grade polymer
- Light source: LED (100,000hrs life)
- Battery: long-life LFP (8yrs+ anticipated)
- Working temperature: -20° to +70°
- Body dimensions: 80mm diameter
- Installed height: 6mm nominal
- Milling depth: 30mm
- Weight: 275g
- Fixing adhesive: 2 component epoxy adhesive
- Working time after full charge: Flashing 400hrs+ Steady 200hrs+
- Flash rate: 1 sec on, 1 sec off
- High visibility: Up to 500m
- LED signal: steady or slow flash
- Standard colours: White steady & Red flash
- Special order colours: Blue, Green, Yellow steady/flash, White flash & Red steady
- Conservation area option: Bat Hat – reduction of upwards light spillage by up to 98%
The SolarEye was originally developed for cycle tracks and pathways but that doesn’t mean that it can’t be used anywhere else!
Over the last few months we have seen the product go in to numerous applications from driveways to marinas.
Here are some examples of where the SolarEye can be applied:
- Cycle tracks & Pathways
- Recreational areas/Community spaces
- National parks
- Car parks/Driveways
- Canal paths
- Boat marinas/Docking areas & slipways
- Golf clubs/Estate grounds
- Campuses & large residential areas
- Holiday villages/Caravan & Camp sites